New owner of S20 ultra exynos version

(Topic created on: 20/04/20 12:30)
Esedes
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi all,

So my phone:

- heats up fast without even playing a game even if I watch YouTube it heats up.

- battery dies very fast

- camera is not as sharp as it used to be in other flagships both rear and front cameras ( I'm disappointed )

Not sure if software update is able to fix these issues or do we have to replace the phone...

Any idea when is the next software update?

5 REPLIES 5
Avgoustinos
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I own a s20 g ultra as well. If you can., then return the phone, all you said about the exynos version is is true and much more. Also, as a matter of princible alone..i feel that samsung should have given me the best and it didn't. What a scam..i cant believe this phone (exynos) is priced 50% more than one plus 8 pro... if you had the SD version..thats a different story..

Esedes
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

With the lockdown at the moment can't do anything .... I really like this phone but after seeing some reviews on YouTube I couldn't believe my eyes... ever the picture quality was better...

aren't those 2 the same phones?? I'm just shocked... it's as if the SD is a different phone than what I have .... 

Avgoustinos
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
https://youtu.be/6CUSe8kgIE8
Check this video out man you will see the main consern that people have.
Esedes
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

That's bad....

Do you think a software update could fix all the problems? Or the phone needs to be exchanged?

Avgoustinos
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
In my opinion i think many issues could be adressed. For example the green screen, or even performance could go up. But i think efficiency will never be the same as SD, i think SD has 2 hours more On screen time than exynos...its just a better chip. Also, i think exynos is the one to blame why we dont have 120hz in qhd. Because if i am not mistaken other phones support 120hz with qhd and feature SD. But, dont take my words very seriously, do your own research before taking the phone back, i am no expert.