Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New Galaxy S20+ Wireless Charging Problem

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 12:36 AM)
BadMojo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Not sure what happened to my wireless charging capabilities on my Samsung Galaxy S20+.  Prior to the most recent Android update, I was able to use every wireless charge in my home with no issues (achieving full charge in 1-2 hours no problem at all).  Now my wireless charging seems to flip back and forth between fast charge and regular charge and takes several hours to get even a partial charge.  This is a new problem and it's been echoed in several forums across the internet.  Please please please fix!!!!  This is your flagship phone Samsung!

7 REPLIES 7
LottyUK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
like the wireless charging isn't already slow enough, Samsung needs to sort ASAP
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Does normal plugged in charging work as it should ?

That's not good about wireless charging @BadMojo 

May I assume you've also tried without a case on just as a process of elimination.

The fastest way to get this valued feedback to Samsung is via the Samsung Members App.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
BadMojo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, normal charging works as it should.  Of course I took the case off :smiling-face:  This is a rampant problem that I see documented all over the internet.  Please fix ASAP.

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Ok @BadMojo 

Thank you for your answers.

I can't " fix ASAP ” as I'm a fellow customer however if you send a feedback report via the Samsung Members app they then should investigate.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Sherrillface
Student
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My verizon S20 plus also is having charging issues it will no longer super fast charge after January 1st 2021 update i dont have wireless charger to test that but also sometimes it will fast charge for a couple seconds then revert to charging normal I did notice it will no longer charge once it hits 100% at least the lightning bolt no longer shows which could be a new feature which prolongs the life span of battery I understand this is normal wireless charging behavior perhaps this is where the problem is coming from 

0 Likes
Sherrillface
Student
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So to be clear i can only get it to display "Charging" in the notification bar and at bottom of lock screen there was also a recent update to Usb C port or headset firmware maybe this could be the culprate.

0 Likes
BadMojo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Judging by some of the posts shared in other threads, and the explicit message my phone now gives me about my incompatible fast charger (after the most recent update on my phone today), it is clear that Samsung blocked third party wireless fast chargers from working with our phones.  My wireless fast chargers worked perfectly fine before some of the more recent updates.  This is very upsetting and should make all customers angry.  Does Samsung not realize that people's homes and offices are outfitted with a huge number of charging devices already?  Maybe they should provide a disclaimer on all phone sales saying "Sorry, we could allow you to use your existing charging infrastructure, but because we don't want you using other companies perfectly good equipment, we've disabled the ability to use this equipment."  Because of this, I will no longer be purchasing Samsung phones in the future.   Why would I pay for a premium phone from a company that would knowingly do this to their customers?  This is clearly a money grab.  Shame on you Samsung, you've lost a loyal customer (Diehard since S3!).