Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New Galaxy Note 20 will not Charge!

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 08:13 PM)
MIAMIUGIRL91
Apprentice
Options

My new (in the last 2 months) Galaxy Note 20 phone was working fine - loved it - until last night/this morning, suddenly the phone will not charge.  I've tried 3 different Samsung chargers - all Samsung factory - not dirt/dust in the port. I've tried to turn off and on.  Nothing I google seems to cover this and all the Verizon stores are limited tech service due to COVID.  I live on my phone - this is going to blow up my life until I can find a fix. HELP!!

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What happens if you hook upto a computer via the charging cord @MIAMIUGIRL91  ?

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look too.

Has it taken an accidental bump or had water on or near the charging port.

As said please do try a wireless charging pad if you have access to one.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MIAMIUGIRL91
Apprentice
Options

Thanks!  I had a wireless charger purchased from Verizon, but it was not working. Upon taking to a repair shop, their wireless charger did work. Always difficult when there's more than one problem!  And as it turns out, the charging port is damaged. Thanks again for your response!

MIAMIUGIRL91
Apprentice
Options

Thanks much for your feedback!  As you suspected, the USB/charging port is damaged. No phone drops or water exposure so not sure what caused this, but Samsung service is following up with repair help under warranty.

ErichCervantez
First Poster
Options

Maybe not the same issue, but I noticed today that my Note 20 Ultra would not charge any longer on a wireless charging pad.  Really strange.  But once I restarted the phone, it began charging again.  I've never seen this issue with any other of my Note phones.

0 Likes
Madrush24
First Poster
Options

I received my 3rd (yes, third) replacement phone (Note 20 Ultra) last week. From my brand new phone to this newest replacement phone, total of 4 phones, all have problems charging. ALL. As in every single phone. I'm beyond frustrated. Why, if I bought a brand new phone that was dysfunctional, am I getting refurbished replacements? Shouldn't I get a NEW replacement? I believe that they keep sending me broken "refurbished" phones hoping I won't notice. I swear. Argh! 🤬 

0 Likes