Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s20fe will not take a screenshot

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 01:57 PM)
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I press the volume down button and then the power off.most times tbe screen goes off and I loose my connection.
Happened today when I was trying to copy an Hour long chat with three.com after my phone stopped making calls.
So far I have not managed to take a screenshot using this improbable method. There must be an easier method. On my last phone I pressed the power off button and a menu appeared. One option was a,screenshot. So simple to use and the shots were saved in a folder called screenshots. This phone no longer has a recognisable home screen since the last update today.
Questions:
Is there a better method of taking screenshots 
Where are they stored
How do you access them without a home screen listing your apps?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
my s10 is a right sweep of the screen ...and is saved in the phone gallery pictures
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
1. try using both buttons at the same time...and very briefly. long press on off button will turn the screen off. this is convenient method for long copy.
there is second method... by moving your hand over screen. that is cumbersome in copy long conversations or documents as if your hand touches scree application reacts unexpectedly...
AndrewL
Options

@Hwalker1: Further to the advice offered above, please press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, just a short press, and the edges of the screen should flash to indicate that the screenshot has been captured. Alternatively, head to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Palm Swipe to Capture > On, as this allows you to take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen. 

Chillyyyyy
Journeyman
Options
my s20fe screen shot is taken by swiping my palm across the screen from left to right
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks all of you. its still a cumbersome method, and like the rest of this phone's Interface it's so clunky I can't believe its been professionally designed.
As far as I'm concerned, it will be sold as soon as I can find a buyer. Thanks again for all your help.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Neither of these methods works consistently on my s2fe. The two button method never works, and due to me having to reset my phone to get it to do most things, the setting to use the swipe to take a screenshot gets reset. Is there no sensible method of taking a screenshot on this expensive and under specified phone. Undoubtedly the worst phone I have purchased since 1983.
0 Likes
Luiz
First Poster
Options

I struggled many days with the same problem, and was annoyed with so many suggestions of pressing briefly the two buttons. I also didn't want to loose all the settings changes that I had done, so I resisted to do a settings reset. Well, what worked for me was pressing for a loooong time both vol.down and power buttons until the phone turned off. Then I turned it on pressing the two buttons again. Since then, "pressing briefly the two buttons" finally worked!

0 Likes