Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My photos

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 06:03 PM)
mrstumble
Apprentice
Options
I keep getting messages that my photos and videos will all be deleted unless I move them. Has anyone else had these messages? and where have you moved them to? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mrstumble Samsung cloud will no longer support gallery sync and My Files cloud storage. Therefore your data may be deleted. You will have to enable One Drive on your device to sync Gallery. Otherwise, the files will be deleted. Files that you previously had synchronized with Samsung Cloud, may be deleted. I think the deadline is September 1.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

mrstumble
Apprentice
Options
Now you see, I think it Galaxy Cloud BUT I have never knowingly stored my photos there. It says I have nearly 4000 photos/videos to move. I didn't even know there is a Galaxy Cloud. I don't have an icon for it on my phone. Getting very confused.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mrstumble It is enough to go in Applications and search for Samsung Cloud.

mrstumble
Apprentice
Options
Even more confused as my son has the exact same phone and he has never had a message.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mrstumble In the Samsung Members app, click on the bell / Notices, you can find all the changes mentioned.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-28 at 20.19.18.jpeg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mrstumble: If you swipe up from your Home Screen, select the Samsung folder in the Apps Drawer and tap on My Files, you should see a prompt at the top of the screen to 'Make The Switch To OneDrive'. While Gallery and My Files storage will no longer be supported by Samsung Cloud, you can still continue to utilise the service for personal data such as contacts, calendar etc. To find out more, please check the link below.

Changes to Gallery Sync, Samsung Cloud Drive and Premium Storage | Samsung UK

0 Likes