Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was wiped and I can't access my Gmail account

(Topic created on: 22-11-2022 06:33 PM)
soph97
Apprentice
Options
So a few days ago my phone just randomly stopped working and it wasn't letting me unlock my phone. I took it to a phone warehouse they told me I had a virus and my phone needed to be wiped. So I said OK thats fine. Now I'm trying to log into my Google account but I can't because I have 2 step verification active and my device was how I verified it but now google doesn't seem to recognise my device. Does anyone know how I can fix this 
6 REPLIES 6
Neo001
Legend
Options
0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
How did you get a virus? Was it an app or website?
0 Likes
soph97
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure how I got the virus. I have tried to recover my account but it doesn't give me all the options and then it just says I haven't given enough information to prove its me
0 Likes
Awbanazew
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, when it comes to 2-step verification, if your device is wiped, it can be tricky to get back into your account. As you've probably found out, the usual way to reset it is to get a code sent to your device. But since that's not an option for you, you'll have to look for a different way in. You could try using bulk PVA accounts . They provide disposable phone numbers, which can be used to verify your account. It's a bit of a hassle, but it is an option. Or, if you have access to a friend or family member's phone, you could have Google send the verification code to that device.

0 Likes
AhanAnhe
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear about your phone troubles. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not be able to log into your Google account. Have you tried contacting Google support? They might be able to assist you with verifying your account through other means. Also, I had a similar issue a while back and ended up purchasing a PVA account to help me solve the problem with Gmail 2FA. It worked like a charm! Maybe you could try that too? I know this post is a year old, so I hope you've found a solution by now. But if not, I hope this helps! Good luck!

0 Likes
soph97
Apprentice
Options
Hi thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately I still have been unable to access my account, how do you get that PVA account and how does it work
0 Likes