Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Multiple Issues with the S20FE

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 01:28 PM)
Cy4
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So I got the S20FE 3 days ago, and I'm already having issues...

To start, the display is gorgeous. It is fast and sleek which is great, however, it has a tendancy to click on links that I haven't touched. No matter where they are on the screen it often takes me to different sites. This might be an issue with my unit, but I've seen that others have had this issue too.

Following along is the finger print scanner. It is dreadful. Going from a closed screen, it rarely registers that I'm trying g to use it and when it does, my finger print isn't registered half of the time. Not helpful.

Another big issue for me is using my charger. I have a 6ft usb-c charging lead that I used on my old phone perfectly fine. With the S20, it will not allow me to use any third party cable of plug. I've tried with other cables and other plugs in different combinations but will not charge with anything other than what came out of the box. At this moment in time, it has charged 15% in an hour.

Lastly, possibly biggest issue is its lack of compatibility with Google Photos. Coming from a Huawei phone, Google Photos was a saving grace when keeping my housands of photos safe. But it does not work with this new phone. Don't get me wrong, I can download the app,open it and use it fully, but it doesn't register in any other app. I was trying to send old photos through Facebook messenger but it doesn't show as an option to use the many photos from googled Photos, only the 3 that are on my Samsung Gallery (which is a terrible app).

Overall, the phone is beautiful, it runs fast and hasan amazing display,but these issues are seriously making consider sending it back and using my old phone again. If anyone has any advice on how to fix any of this, please do help me, I'm at an end here.

16 REPLIES 16
juliocavallari
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I also had problems with the fingerprint sensor, and I noticed that it only fails when in battery saving mode. I don’t know why, but the sensor works very well in optimized or high performance modes, however in medium power saving, or maximum power saving it has problems

0 Likes
FishLiverOil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
guys. s20 fe 5g have a massive problem with fingerprint. but the camera is rubbish as well. my old s9 have amazing clear pictures even on 8.0x zoom. on s20 fe. when you zooming up to 5.0x. that's it, picture are not clear. very very bad quality. im really disappointed with this phone and i must to pay on contract fir 2 years a lot of money🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
0 Likes
Samalamadingdong
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have had facial recognition and fingerprint sensor issues since I received the phone. Also the ghost tapping where is whill click something on its own. I called Samsung and they sent me to their service center locally, UBREAKIFIX. They said this is a factor known defect. I sent the phone to Samsung, They called and said they could find nothing wrong with the device and asked what the issues were with it. I told them again. The rep said they would advice the Tech again and have them look it over. Funny how the decreased the trial period to 14 days. I am going to get stuck with a phone that has less function than a low end phone.

0 Likes
InsertPupil
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

For the fingerprint, I have similar issue as you.

But I found when the screen is on at lock screen, the successful rate is much higher.

It only sucks when the screen is not on and you present finger (on the dark screen).

I'm 100% sure it's a software bug and hope Samsung won't avoid the problem like the ghostly screen touch issue that is confirmed by everyone who tried!

0 Likes
Helenam22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issues

0 Likes
Lindz20fe
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, I've had my S20FE since October and been really happy with it. However, recently the volume when I click on things, especially in Facebook, is really loud. It's very annoying as I don't want it that loud, it's an annoying sound too.
This may have happened since the last update, 11/03/21.
I have done the turning off and on thing, changed the volume just about everywhere but the only way I can keep that beep off is by having the phone on mute but then I don't hear notifications or calls!! Has anyone had the same thing? Thanks
0 Likes
najalaxmi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I totally agree with you that samsung produce one of their worst product 

I am a loyal android user and most loyal to samsung don't even know how many people i have suggested and even force to buy samsung.. but anyway long story to short 

however before i start, I am not a techy guy .. I am an average guy in society who goes on about his day to day job.. I work as a uber driver and didi driver one of my friend told me your business is not good due to not upgrading in phone so i thought i will buy new phone which will support new software or its update .

so i went and got a new samsung s20fe thinking it is latest and best out within a 5 months it started to give me trouble and says the phone is over heating and it will close app by itself 

Then I took it for repair to samsung store in parramatta they refer me to store in city so i went there too but upon meeting the customer service their they told me i carried a latest samsung phone and it is also overheating you should try device optimize it will help.if not go to samsung icure they are authorised repairer for samsung

I did try what he said that but my phone was still playing 

but within a day or so my phone still giving me same problem so i took it to samsung i cure they took 2 weeks  told me they replace few parts and my phone was handed back to me but within 2 days of geeting it back the problem started tio come back again .

the worst is it close my uber app while i had passanger in my car while i was in m4 

tbc.. 

0 Likes