Did you mean: 

Original topic:

moving photos from s8 to s20

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 10:24 PM)
LaylaLouis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I recently moved all my photos from my s8 to my new s20 using Smart Switch and now they're all out of order on the gallery app and more so when selecting photos say to add to a Facebook post which is really annoying! Any advice?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
mnixon381
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
have you tried turning on the cloud feature and syncing them with your new phone through the cloud? I had a similar issue but syncing them that way helped
0 Likes
Edlartys
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Have you try the Google photo app and you can find all your pictures or Microsoft photo.
0 Likes
LaylaLouis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
no but before I moved to the s20 I backed up my photos not only using my curry's cloud storage but also Google cloud and the Google copy took 24 hours to do!!!
0 Likes
LaylaLouis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
no I've only tried the gallery app. but how will that help (sorry genuine question) when selecting a photo for a Facebook post as then it's so hard when all photos are muddled up
0 Likes
mnixon381
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
because if you back them up to Samsung cloud and enable cloud sync in the gallery settings on your s20, they' should sync in the same order as your s8 😊
0 Likes
LaylaLouis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
sorry so I back them to curry's cloud which I pay for, Google cloud which I had to pay a tad extra for as I have lots of photos and now I should back up to Samsung cloud as well? again a genuine question I do appreciate your help!
0 Likes
mnixon381
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
most of the time it already syncs to Samsung cloud (or I think onedrive now). as long as you enable it on your s8 and turn on sync on your s20 it should work :smiling-face:
0 Likes
LaylaLouis
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
so I go back to my s8 and sync to Samsung cloud?
then go back to s20 and sync with Samsung cloud?
then what about all the muddled photos currently on my s20?
0 Likes
mnixon381
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
turn cloud sync off on your s20 and remove them, then go onto your s8, back them up and then sync your s20 with the cloud :smiling-face:
0 Likes