Options
Most apps crashing on S20 5g.
Anyone got any suggestions?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
jane84
Journeyman
Options
Check to see if Google chrome and android system webview are up to date in the playstore and update if necessary.If they are up to date try uninstalling the latest update for the android system webview (go to settings, apps, click on the app you're looking for then press the 3 dots in the top right followed by uninstall updates). This worked when apps crashed last month so 🤞 will work again
Fifyfofum
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice, so far it appears to have worked uninstalling Android system webview update. Many thanks 😊
0 Likes
jane84
Journeyman
Options
No worries. Might be worth stopping auto updates for webview for a few days until a new version of the app is available. Go to playstore click on the app and in the top right should be 3 dots - press them and remove the tick from enable auto update. You can still manually update when you want and reinable auto update whenever you want to again 🙂
0 Likes
Fifyfofum
Apprentice
Options
@jane84, I was premature in my elation thinking that the problem was solved, alas it is still happening and I'm due to throw the phone at the wall 😕
0 Likes
jane84
Journeyman
Options
Sorry I couldn't help. This happened on my a71 last month (virtually all my apps crashed when tried to open them) and the uninstalling of webview updates fixed it. Hope you can resolve it soon
Fifyfofum
Apprentice
Options
No worries I will figure it out, yeah my partner and my nephew had the same problem last month and I fixed it for them both, I will try again tomorrow when I am calmer lol. Take care 🙂
adambick
Student
Options
Mine is miraculously working now!
0 Likes