Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detection

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 12:26 PM)
josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone.  I have a really annoying moisture detection alarm on my phone.  Just keep annoying me randomly. My usb c port is immaculate clean but keep coming the alarm.  I have tried to switch off notifications etc but useless.  My charging has no problem.  .. its could be software issue rather than hardware.  

Anyone knows any trick please? 

Huge thanks 
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try below

charging the device. Disable Fast
Charging:

Disabling fast charging can make moisture detected warning on your Samsung Galaxy device go away. ...

Go to Settings
Device care > Battery > Charging and disable Fast charging

It's possible you have
Moisture on charging port
josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Thanks. Unfortunately did not help. Since the morning I decided a factory reset but absolutely nothing. Still the same. Maybe I have to change my USB port
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@josephSabo: Are you using the official cable and plug adapter that came packaged with the phone? If so, do you see the Moisture Detected notification while connected to your charger, or does it appear randomly? To check for a possible issue with the USB port, please open the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this return any errors? 

josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Hi. Thanks for your comment. Just appear randomly. I am using genuine Samsung 25w charger with the phone. And while charging there's no alarm. Very interesting and annoying problem. I have tried almost everything.
0 Likes
josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Also showing USB connector connected - USB connector disconnected
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Have you tried clearing the cache/data of USBSettings? This will clear out any errors in the data that the phone is holding about the charging port. You can do this in Settings > Apps > 3 line menu (across from 'Your apps') > USBSettings > Clear cache > Clear data. 

josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Hi. Yes I have tried. Also I have tried soft reset , bypass solution , factory reset etc etc.... nothing works unfortunately 😕
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

In that case, it may be best to get an engineer's opinion. You can take a look at your repair options here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

They'll be able to confirm for you if this is a hardware fault 🙂

VM-78
First Poster
Options

Sorry, I am using other's thread, I have the similar issue I tries interactive check for USB it says "Action Required", no more info. Any direction?

0 Likes