Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture Detected problem

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 06:53 AM)
SkinB31
Apprentice
Options
I've had the moisture detected warning displayed now for several days and con not charge using USB. Only way of keeping my phone alive is wireless. I don't believe any moisture is inside the port so can anyone shed any light on how to resolve this issue? 
5 REPLIES 5
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try taking your phone to a repair shop and they should be able diagnose the root cause of this issue. Hope this helps! 😁
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @SkinB31 

In most cases this warning goes after a relatively short space of time.

It might be worth just checking inside the port with a torch.

If a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and On does not help then a Samsung Service Centre or if applicable in your region a Doorstep Repair Service hopefully should resolve this issue for you.

I wouldn't suggest to use an unauthorised engineer to look at this as that could invalidate your limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

scotsguy56
Navigator
Options
I had this issue with my S10 and found out my usb cable was faulty replaced it and not had come up since .might be worth a try
TwistedTed
Apprentice
Options
Samsung puts this feature in all their devices to make you panic and bye a new one. I have the moisture detected warning on my A9 but I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with it. I will not be buying any Samsung product again.
0 Likes
Bob Chang
First Poster
Options

I followed all the suggestions, but nothing worked. So, I took it to the local Tech. He tried the cotton swab, absorbent paper, pressure air, rice, etc.to no avail.  He then decided to open it, violating the water seal, but found no humidity in the phone either.  He checked the heat and humidity thermistors, and the checked out OK. Finally, he proceeded to re-solder the pins leading to the plug itself, and ,voila, the  moisture icon went away and allowed the phone to charge through the USB again. Bottom line...solder points can fail in tropical environments.

0 Likes