Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Migration from iPhone 11 Pro to Samsung S20

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 08:09 PM)
Hatedia
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have purchased after few years again Samsung S20 and I am thinking about moving from iPhone 11 Pro. Reasons are Single Take and 120Hz screen. I have already set-up the S20, but unfortunately I have ran into few issues that are making me stop the migration and staying on the iOS. If I can get proper solutions to them, I might give it a try otherwise I will be selling the S20. So here they are:

1. When I transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung, my order is completely lost. So when I am trying to find the picture or upload for example to Instagram, I need to scroll back and forth to find the one that I am actually looking for. Desired status? Keeping the order exactly the same on S20 as it is on iPhone/iCloud. Uploading to Google Photos messes the whole thing up as mentioned above. Any other ideas?
  2. Some videos are not playing on S20 - I see in Gallery three dots and when I play video is either corrupted, I hear some audible noise or the picture is black. Not on all videos, but on some. How do I fix that?
  3. Notifications are not consistent, i.e. I setup in notifications settings that I would like to see app icon badge on all notifications, but for example Facebook is not showing a dot or number next to icon unlike the other applications. Also I would like to disable device-wise suggested actions in notifications such as "mark as read" or "reply", i.e. I would just like to be notified and that is it. And also I would like to have hidden content on the lock screen and when I am unlocked as well.

These are the 3 most pressing issues that I can't overcome. If I can find proper solutions, I will be more than happy to use my brand new S20.

Thank you for your ideas.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

For the photos date try the guide i wrote in reply to this user. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/Photos-lost-date/m-p/1695737#M5053

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

the video problem you are finding may be due to the curroption of the video itlesf to try play those videos on the pc and see if there they play correctly, if they don't the video is corrupted.