Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Messages notification tone stuck on default on S20+

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 06:38 AM)
KatyK
Student
Options

I just upgraded to an S20+ and am unable to change my messaging tone. It is stuck on an obnoxiously long default song. I have selected other tones in settings, yet it doesn't change. The customer service rep at the AT&T store couldn't change it either and said I would have to pay the restocking fee for a new phone. Any ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As in my signature my user experience comes from being a Uk user and im using the Note 10+ 5G purchased direct from Samsung on the June update.

When I want to change the tone in my text messages I go this route.

Settings

Apps

Notifications

New Messages.

Sound

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KatyK
Student
Options

I actually found that same solution today! Thank you so much for the response -- it works!

Scott111
Pioneer
Options
if you want to use music for your text message ringtone. go to your files then to music. highlight the songs you want to copy then press the magnifying glass and type notifications. a box will appear that says notifications press it and it will open that folder then copy your music to it. then come out and either go.to text message and then settings notifications then open it up and you will be able to use your music for incoming text messages
0 Likes
Chenker80
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!!!!

0 Likes