Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

March 7 2021 Update, now vibrates when lock screen comes on

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 04:16 AM)
RyanRyan
Student
Options

An update pushed around 3.7.21. Since then, when my phone lock screen comes on, it vibrates.  Everytime it goes into lock screen.. vibrate. I can only pick a different vibrate pattern. I can't disable and it's highly annoying. Help?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nolan1
Journeyman
Options

hi

thanks. But  i dont have these options on my S21U.

I can follow you as far as: Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sound/Vibration Control > Vibration > 

but i have no option for screen unlock.

Do you have that on your S21U?

I found a solution nevertheless:

• I checked message > settings > advanced > message list. Here i saw what created a notification as the latest. This pointed in direction of an app called light flow. I disabled this and the problem was solved

Thanks

Nolan

View solution in context

Solution
RyanRyan
Student
Options

Thanks! I found out it was actually another app that was causing it. I did a wipe and the issue is gone. I had Light Flow on for some other notifications, and for some reason, it tripped it up and made it vibrate for the screen, no clue why. Deleted the app and poof, gone :smiling-face: Otherwise, I tried everything above and then some, nothing worked. 

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
nolan1
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same on my S21 ultra, any idea ? Have you tried to reset ?

What phone do you have ?

regards Nolan

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@RyanRyan: If you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sound/Vibration Control > Vibration > Screen Lock/Unlock, and toggle this option off, does this resolve your issue? 

0 Likes
Solution
nolan1
Journeyman
Options

hi

thanks. But  i dont have these options on my S21U.

I can follow you as far as: Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sound/Vibration Control > Vibration > 

but i have no option for screen unlock.

Do you have that on your S21U?

I found a solution nevertheless:

• I checked message > settings > advanced > message list. Here i saw what created a notification as the latest. This pointed in direction of an app called light flow. I disabled this and the problem was solved

Thanks

Nolan

Solution
RyanRyan
Student
Options

Thanks! I found out it was actually another app that was causing it. I did a wipe and the issue is gone. I had Light Flow on for some other notifications, and for some reason, it tripped it up and made it vibrate for the screen, no clue why. Deleted the app and poof, gone :smiling-face: Otherwise, I tried everything above and then some, nothing worked. 

Gmugane
First Poster
Options

Thanks man. Had this problem with my note 10plus after march update. It would vibrate when I locked the screen annoying as hell. Deleted light flow now it's 👍

0 Likes
GmanWF
First Poster
Options

This seems like it might work for the problem that lightflow, when installed, makes the S21 ultra vibrate when you close the screen with the side button. However, I cannot follow the path you used. I go to messages > settings > ... this is where i dont have the option to hit advanced? are you using S21 ultra?

0 Likes
Options

@RyanRyan wrote:

Wow thank you. This is what was happening on my A52 5G and there was me thinking it was a Samsung fault when it was indeed a light flow lite legacy issue. When I uninstalled Light flow it stopped vibrating when going into lockscreen standby. Light flow app had copied over from my old phone to the new A52 by samsung smart switch.

0 Likes
GmanWF
First Poster
Options

I am switching back to iPhone. Anyone who likes andriod clearly has never owned an iPhone. If they have, they are lying to themselves. Bug after bug after bug after bug. Who wants to configure functionality and debug for days that is already done on iPhone. I'm out.

0 Likes