Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware found

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 01:20 AM)
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Ok so I did a avast scan on my Samsung galaxy s20 5g and this came up but I am unable to resolve the problem.
Reason being when I find the app it is greyed out where it shows uninstall?
Therefore can someone pls enlighten me 
Thanks in advance 

22 REPLIES 22
GracieC78
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I am after getting the same thing and it only happened after login into Samsung Community...

What app is telling you that has the issue? Mine it says android system. 

starshine
Pathfinder
Options
The same as you android system
0 Likes
sweepsmum
Apprentice
Options
Same here. I get the same error message which takes me to here. No option to remove.Screenshot_20230106_034402_Settings.jpg
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please use a proper AV and Malware scanner before acting. Avast isn't the best or most reliable. I cant stand the Mcafee, but that's free too and that comes with Android but would trust it more than Avast
arianwen27
Pioneer
Options
Android phones come pre installed with 'play protect' which is androids anti malware solution. Samsung devices also come with 'device protection' that is another anti malware solution. The samsung one is powered by Mcafee. If a third party option shows a core system process is malware, maybe its a false flag.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@starshine I thought the Playstore scans itself, it will be an app you have installed with malware or something downloaded, have you tried the Samsung Device health scan, also as @-Robot- mentioned try a better app.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
GracieC78
Journeyman
Options

I replied the below on a different post, putting here so it may help somehow. 

Robot believes that Avg is not a good antivirus software but the chances of 2 separate AV and malware apps picking it up, makes me have my doubts.  Please read the below as this is something I would prefer for Samsung to look at it properly and confirm if the issue with the keys been leaked has something to do with the AVs picking up malware after the update of a Samsung app. 

"I got the same notification and I don't use Avast, I use a paid version of Avg which is highly regarded.  Also, I did some digging about this and found out that Samsung, LG and others had keys leaked and people have been using these keys to load malware in people's devices and because this malware is using a genuine key FROM Samsung, LG, etc the malware installed by the manufacturers do not see it as a threat.

I have never had an issue with malware until I used Samsung community for which I had to "update" a samsung app and hold and behold out of the sudden, my antivirus picks it up.

A quick search under Samsung code key leak and you'll find the many sources explaining this and confirmation from Samsung that this took place with reports in December that affected devices by these leaked keys. 

I don't believe in coincidences and this is far too close for comfort."

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As I mentioned in other post, if you want Samsung to take a look for you, feel free to contact support and have them troubleshoot with you

This isn't Samsung Support, this is the Samsung Community site, where everyone on here are customers just like you. If you want Samsung support there is a support team waiting to do that for you.
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Yes I have done the Samsung device health scan and it didn't pick anything up
0 Likes