Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware after update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 10:56 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I have updated to the latest software version recently, and now I am getting a notification in my avast security scan saying I have malware in my system software and it cannot be removed, I haven't downloaded anything at all since the system software was updated, anyone else have this problem or even been able to resolve it?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GracieC78
Journeyman
Options

When AVs are concerned, everyone has their view about them, you may prefer Norton but I wouldn't go near it as when I used it, it was nothing but trouble.

So let's concentrate on the fact that the issue only happened after a Samsung app update when there is history of Galaxy code keys leaked which seem to be affecting security breaches only on the Galaxy range. 

The AVs Avast and Avg picked it up as part of the Android System, surely Samsung should investigate it further and not just go by "how highly or not an antivirus may be", it is their responsibility to keep data safe after security data leaked. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Feel free to contact support and they will help you investigate

I wouldn't trust what either of those application say but that just my opinion
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Avg bought avast a few years ago (or visa-versa I cannot remember) it's likely they're running the same definition files and as such, showing the same results.

Avg gave me the same android system partition infection result when I downloaded and scanned after reading this post and the other one.

(Malwarebytes gave me the all clear and that was my go to program on PC when it came to virus identifications and/or removals).
0 Likes