Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware after update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2023 10:56 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I have updated to the latest software version recently, and now I am getting a notification in my avast security scan saying I have malware in my system software and it cannot be removed, I haven't downloaded anything at all since the system software was updated, anyone else have this problem or even been able to resolve it?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Does it say what the mailware is as it could be a false positive.

If you can find out what the mailware s then do a Google search to find out what it was and how to get rid of it.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thanks Pete I will have a look
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Multiple reports from other using Avast, please stop using it as it sucks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
What do you suggest to use instead of avast robot.
0 Likes
gatton
First Poster
Options
Why really
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Use the device care protection found in your settings, it's Samsung and Mcfee protection and is free to use, no monthly or yearly subscription to worry about.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @keith30 Suggested, the one included which is from Mcafee

I use Nortons, which I like most but that's an annual subscription. That's because I use that on my pc and it comes with 5 devices
0 Likes
GracieC78
Journeyman
Options

I got the same notification and I don't use Avast, I use a paid version of Avg which is highly regarded.  Also, I did some digging about this and found out that Samsung, LG and others had keys leaked and people have been using these keys to load malware in people's devices and because this malware is using a genuine key FROM Samsung, LG, etc the malware installed by the manufacturers do not see it as a threat.

I have never had an issue with malware until I used Samsung community for which I had to "update" a samsung app and hold and behold out of the sudden, my antivirus picks it up.

A quick search under Samsung code key leak and you'll find the many sources explaining this and confirmation from Samsung that this took place with reports in December that affected devices by these leaked keys. 

I don't believe in coincidences and this is far too close for comfort. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
AVG? Highly regarded? Nope
0 Likes