Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume on my new S20FE 5g

(Topic created on: 06-08-2021 06:27 AM)
54r
Student
Options

Quick and to the point. I'm a thrash metal aficionado and there is no volume worth using for my music and videos . It'd be great if I was listening to my parent's music. I use high end headphones connected to the charge port, and have also tried Bluetooth earbuds. Both put me to sleep. A half hour on a chat with tech support got me a repeated recommendation to buy Samsung branded listening gear. Am I the only one who has had this issue with this phone? 

6 REPLIES 6
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
A few things that worked for me were:

If you go into developer settings (can be activated by going to settings, then "about phone", then "software settings" then tap the "build number" 7 times quickly to access developer mode, which will be at the very bottom of the settings screen. Here I'd scroll down and turn on "disable absolute volume".

Next I'd go to 'Settings' again, go to Sounds and Vibrations and find the volume. From here click on it and go up to the three dots in the top right corner and you should see "media volume limit". Make sure it's maxed out or off.

Final thing it could be would be the headphones drawing too much power from the phone so it results in low volume. An Amp/DAC would solve this but I'm no expert in this area.Screenshot_20210806-191037_Settings_23325.jpgScreenshot_20210806-190412_Settings_23321.jpgScreenshot_20210806-190444_Settings_23323.jpg
54r
Student
Options

Already tried that, no change. Tried ear buds as well, no difference. Volume is pathetic. 

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
What headphones are you using? Have you considered buy a DAC/Amp. If its purely to boost volume there's plenty of choices that won't cost the earth.

https://www.headphones.com/pages/do-my-headphones-need-a-headphone-amp

This may help. May not. Just something I found since you mentioned they were high end. I clearly remember the first pair of high end wired in-ears sounding much quiter than my previous cheap pair.

0 Likes
Members_YGxNFiP
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact issue and have tried the developer technique too. The call volume is barely more than a whisper and my music is too low to hear on my commute. There is literally nothing I can hear on this phone - it's useless.

0 Likes
RnGG
Apprentice
Options

This worked for me. Thank you 

TomGTO
First Poster
Options

I tried every suggestion on every forum such as the developer options, turning off the Dolby etc. and as obvious as this sounds ( no pun intended) I unpaired my device and removed it from the list and reconnected from scratch and it all came back to normal. 

0 Likes