Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

lost pictures

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 11:45 AM)
Jtbbb
Journeyman
Options
I have lost of 350-400 pics from my S20 ultra, pictures I have managed to keep over many years and many different phones. Including 1 full album, Samsung this really is not good enough! I am livid with anger some of these are of people I have lost and memories of them, what on earth is going on ! 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ItzJakeyYT
Student
Options
hi?
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Over those many years, did you not think that your 350-400 pics were worth backing up to the cloud for safe keeping in case your phone was lost, damaged or stolen?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
Jtbbb
Journeyman
Options
They are backed up thanks,on my Google drive and will take hours and hours to individually save to my phone as the Google drive doesn't have a download to device atting? However I feel it's not really the point. The point is I paid over £1000 for my phone and I would like to think that when using that costly phone for pics etc, that they wud not just vanish from my device with out any explanation or reason. At the end of the day they should not have vanished with out my permission and if pictures can just dissappear what about anything else that is used via your handset.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where were these pics stored?
0 Likes
Jtbbb
Journeyman
Options
Hi, they are all backed up on my Google drive, however my gallery app on my phone has lost a full album and then other random pics from different albums too. Some recent some old.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, I meant were these on an SD card or internal storage. Gallery doesn't store photos, it is an app that will find all photos on a device so do any of the missing photos in Gallery appear on your phone app?
0 Likes
Jtbbb
Journeyman
Options
sorry I didn't even think there wen I responded. Was internal.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have read a few reports about this and it should not be happening. I have no idea what Samsung are doing to remedy this but some have been able to restore their pics which ended up in the recycle bin. I believe this is done on the net via a PC. Sorry, my bad, I should have expanded my question about storage.
Jtbbb
Journeyman
Options
No was my mistake mate, I didn't even think internal or SD, yea been reading lots of forums today, have tried the plugging in to my PC and all recycle bins, also tried suggested recovery apps, however managed to recover about 17 pics. I mean I do have them on my Google drive as mentioned, however I feel that that really isn't the point, phones that cost as much as these all do, should not just be randomly moving, binning or loosing pics doesn't matter if they are saves to a cloud or not. I have never had this kind of thing happen with any other handset before, really not acceptable that Samsung seem to have a error developed somewhere and is happening to a large number of users, however no communication other than "we cant help you if its mot in ur recycle bin? " that's really poor customer service I feel and again for over £1000 I do expect better, shame cause I love my phone other than this.