Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost photographs on call log

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 08:57 PM)
yamahaman
Journeyman
Options
Since the update to Android 11 I lost my contacts profile photographs on my call log. Samsung are telling me this was part of the update but other users are telling me they still have this feature even after the update. Have the majority lost this feature.
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am a regular on here and have seen no other posts along these lines. What you were told by Samsung is incorrect. Go to contacts app, select a contact and press the pink button almost top centre to chose a photo
0 Likes
yamahaman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your reply. I sent an error report to Samsung and basically they came back and said they had disabled this feature to improve eye comfort and they said this was asked for by users in a survey. All my contacts have profile photographs and they still show up in my text messages but all I get now in my recent call list is the name and number. I have seen other comments from other users on the community pages with the same problem since the update. Prior to the update they all worked correctly. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My apologies, I misread your original post, I don't have photos in recents on the dialler.
0 Likes
yamahaman
Journeyman
Options
No worries, thank you for help.
0 Likes
Henry3585
Explorer
Options
To get themback on got to setting contacts then change contact view from sim card to phone
0 Likes
yamahaman
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your reply, I will give that a try.
Henry3585
Explorer
Options
You welcome please let me know if it works
0 Likes
yamahaman
Journeyman
Options
Hi Unfortunately changing contact view from sim card to phone has not worked. Thanks for your help.