Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 05:59 AM)
Lost my galaxy phone
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, my phone #s20 got stolen, I have lock screen and locked it with pin through samsung findmobile but have not erased yet. Suddenly the device is gone from samsung findmobile. Does this mean the thieve manage to do factory reset on its own?

I'm worried the thieve might have a chance to access the data because my Alexa at home can still play spotify from the lost phone 😞 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options
Googling your problem shows that a lot of people have the same issue. There are no concrete answers but the most common answer is "your phone was factory reset".

Someone can factory reset your phone from the recovery menu without needing any of your information, so it is possible someone is using your phone.

When you say you locked it through findmyphone. Did all process complete and tick see pictures attached. If for any reason one of the locking steps did not complete your phone wouldn't have locked, making a factory restore easier.

Your second point to do with Alexa. The device will still be able to play music regardless your phone being there or not. This is because on set up you would have had to connect /link the alexa app and Spotify to get it to work originally.

Sorry this is not the answer you'd prefer to hear

Screenshot_20230115_045730_Samsung Internet_1000010146_1673758878.jpgScreenshot_20230115_045718_Samsung Internet_1000010147_1673758857.jpg
0 Likes
Lost my galaxy phone
First Poster
Options

Hi, thank you for replying.

Meaning most likely the thieve already done factory reset on its own and using the phone as brand new right? 

And the thieve dont have anymore of my old data like photos videos etc

0 Likes
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options
You're welcome, honestly yeah either using the device as a "new" one or trying to sell on. I have one question have you reported this to the network provider as a block can be sent to the IMEI number rendering the phone useless regardless of a other restore.....

And secondly yes factory restore would have wiped all data stored, apps, videos photos etc
0 Likes
Lost my galaxy phone
First Poster
Options

Yes I have reported to the network provider so the phone number is save.. my only worry was that the thieve somehow might be able to access the photos etc.  thank you so much for helping me to assure that the stolen phone have been factory reset and all the photos from that phone is gone now. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When reporting a lost or stolen phone to the network they won't only just bar the sim card to stop unauthorised usage they'll also blacklist the phone's imei number which will completely block the phone which stops any tracking from working.

This maybe the reason the phone is no longer visible @Lost my galaxy phone 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Lost my galaxy phone
First Poster
Options

I see thankyou for informing. 

I was only worried that somehow it is not factory reset and the thieve can still access the photos etc. Last time before the device is gone from the radar I locked but have not erased yet.

Was suddenly worried because my alexa can still play music from spotify eventhough on my new phone I still have not installed alexa/spotify app.

0 Likes