Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my mobile data since upgrade 20 June 2021

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 02:28 AM)
PhilipBrighton
Apprentice
Options

Lost my mobile data since upgrade 20 June 2021.

Wifi works and some apps work like BBC Sounds  but internet browsers do not work with mobile data. Really annoying that Samsung can get this wrong. Seems to be an ongoing issue with other models for a while. Tried all the fiddly fixes and none work. Bored with switching bits off and on. Would appreciate a fix from Samsung. 

17 REPLIES 17
PhilipBrighton
Apprentice
Options

I was the same which is why I went and got a new sim, but in the end factory reset was the only option. The Samsung back up seemed to work well. I normally only back up to Google but created a Samsung account and did both. It even put the home screen back as I had it. I think you can also back up to a windows pc or memory card. But I just did the Samsung cloud back up. Also took all photos and ring tones off the phone. 

0 Likes
KlaudiaR
First Poster
Options
Hi, I had this issue too after the June update. My boyfriend (works in IT) has found that my Vodafone SIM defaults to an APN that has some network settings you cannot change, he manually added a new APN using the information from Vodafone's website and now my data works as usual. I have added the Vodafone APN settings link but if you're on another network you will have to find what their APN settings are. Hope this helps.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-s20-fe-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your-p...
S Kandel
First Poster
Options

Thank you. It solved the problem. 

0 Likes
for5six
Student
Options

Thanks, changing the APN settings for Vodafone fixed the problem.

0 Likes
for5six
Student
Options

Note - Factory reset did not fix the problem, however updating the APN settings resolved the problem.

0 Likes
parasteve44
Student
Options

Thanks KlaudiaR, I was getting quite annoyed at the runaround Vodafone gave me.. You saved me having to reset my phone back to factory setting.  Very much appreciated!!!!!!

Oh, and thank I.T Boyfriend aswell!!

0 Likes
Members_bP76Qmy
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing the same problem since an update on my S20 Fe 5G with Vodafone, can't get the mobile data to work. I've factory reset and even sent it for repair through Samsung who returned the device with a note to say there were no faults. I just tried the above fix by manually re-adding the APN by following Vodafone instruction - it seems to be holding out and working again for now. 

0 Likes
Adam8
First Poster
Options

Thank you! After several wasted hours with Vodafone your solution fixed it.

0 Likes