Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Live focus disappeared

(Topic created on: 26/02/21 18:25)
Lilybird
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Anyone else had live focus disappear on their S20 following today's system update?
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Lilybird: Hi there. Live Focus Mode is still there, however it has been renamed Portrait Mode, and should be visible by swiping over to 'More' on the Camera home screen. I hope this helps. 

Lilybird
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
aaah great ok thanks so much, shame the Samsung technician couldn't tell me that, I've been through resets and all sorts 😆 thank you!
elads
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Post update, live focus via portrait mode works only on faces, is there a way to live focus objects (it was possible pre update) 

almac
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
agreed. Live focus isn't now called portrait mode, it has been removed and portrait mode doesn't do the same thing.
Adeheathen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Portrait mode does not have the option to adjust the focus/blur  after taking the photo. Only by selecting the blur effect before taking the photo

0 Likes
unde
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
so how do we get it back? .. I can no longer change the background effects .. that was a cool setup
0 Likes
tlock878
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Portrait mode works for me on all objects for live focus. However, on the right hand side there is a yellow circle, click on that as you might have 'Big Circle Face' selected instead of 'Blur'

tlock878
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

After taking the photo, click on it in your camera roll and at the bottom of the image it'll say 'Change background effect' click that and you can use the slider to change the amount of blur.

Pim Note20 Ultra
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree, portrait has been there together with Live Focus, only now that Live Focus is disappearred.

0 Likes