Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LET US BLOCK NAMES WITH NO NUMBERS!!!

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 01:24 PM)
jinx81
Journeyman
Options

Samsung please just sort this problem out so many complain yet you do nothing, i asked you how to block scottish power as they harass me texting at 3am, 4am , 5am, 6am, they claim its automated and they refuse to stop it so im asking you to sort it and person i spoke to at samsun suggests resetting my phone??? Ridiculous how will that stop  this company texting me from a name with no number? Give us a dam block option its dangerous for vulnerable people its making me ill! An elderly person could also fall for scams more likely sort it out

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@jinx81: I'm really sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter, as I understand how disruptive it must be to receive texts at those hours. I will pass your feedback to our Research and Development Team to see if this can be implemented in future products or updates. In the meantime, I recommend making use of Do Not Disturb mode to prevent any unwanted text alerts from coming through.

Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Schedule > Set your preferred timeframe, then hit 'Save'. If you would still like to receive alerts from your contacts, select Exceptions > Calls , messages and conversations > Messages > Contacts Only. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can contact your phone provider and report the numbers.
Or if you go into the text message.
Go to the 3 dots at the top right
Go into details
In that list you will see block and report as spam option
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You have a block option called Do Not Disturb which you can use.

0 Likes
jinx81
Journeyman
Options

Thankyou i appreciate that, if you have a look theres many customers complaining about the same thing on these pages theres entire threads with customers complaining if a block button isnt added by the time my contract is up i wont be getting a samsung again, its disrupting my life and these companies refuse to stop doing it , many thanks

jinx81
Journeyman
Options

They dont have numbers, i get updates from royal mail when i order online at daft oclock, someone called chicago pizza who ive never heard of but at least they come at reasonable times,  scottish power text from the words scotpower with no number, ive contacted my provider they cant do anything, ive contacted these companies and they all claim they cant stop them either, if samsung just provided a block button like apple does it wouldnt be an issue x

jinx81
Journeyman
Options

I cant do that i have elderly parents and im also disabled myself , ive also memory issues due to my illness i wont remember to turn it back on , also when i use do not disturb and my parents need me they cant get through, neither can the hopsital its not a viable option im afraid but thanks for trying to help x

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know if you are aware but you can program Do not Disturb to allow various numbers to get through at any time. Also it can be scheduled to turn on and off whenever so you don't need to remember to turn DND off.
I understand what it's like with the pressures of looking after elderly parents. If you think this might help, let me know and I can help set it up.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can only block it if you have a number. Really nothing that Samsung could possibly do. If you don't have a number, neither will Samsung.
Scotpower contract various companies to handle notifications and advertising messages.
This issue will be down to Scotpower and the phone network provider to sort out. Scotpower as they have initiated companies to do this and phone network provider as they will have access to the number or IP Addresses.
Hopefully one of them can get this annoying problem resolved.
Only thing you can do for now is schedule Do Not Disturb over night
0 Likes
ScottStr01
Apprentice
Options
No, you don't have that option with texts without phone numbers. "It is a privacy issue so get it sorted and stop being part of the problem Samsung, start being part of the solution!".