Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Update screwed up WiFi calling

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 02:04 PM)
Seabo
First Poster
Options

Latest Samsung Nov 2022 update downloaded and completely screwed up WiFi calling. Previously when in flight mode with roaming off and mobile data off, the WiFi calling status icon came on automatically and WiFi calls could be made. Used for years. After latest update, despite same settings being used, flight mode enabled, roaming off, WiFI calling enabled and connected to WiFi the Status bar icon never comes on now, cannot make WiFi calls and when trying to call using WiFI calling and despite roaming off and in flight mode the phone now calls by roaming when trying to WiFi call. Complete shambles Samsung...no help from technical. Spoke to Samsung technical and every setting tried and return to factory settings, despite all this and 1 hour 30 of assistance Samsung technical cannot assist and I am simply told to send error report to software engineers.  How come Samsung cannot report the problem to software engineers. Pretty poor show.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can I just ask has your networks customer service's confirmed that Wi-Fi Calling is still activated on your mobile phone account  ?

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone if possible and them see what happens.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
I have exactly the same problem and it has nothing to do with the network provider.When I reboot the phone (s21 ultra) wifi calling comes back for a while.Prior this update everything was working well and flight mode always forced WiFi calling to work That's gone just as Seabo said
0 Likes
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
I have exactly the same problem and it has nothing to do with the network provider.When I reboot the phone (s21 ultra) wifi calling comes back for a while.Prior this update everything was working well and flight mode always forced WiFi calling to work That's gone just as Seabo said
0 Likes