Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Software Update

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 12:46 PM)
HeirOfNumenor
Student
Options
Is it just me or is the lastest software update for android on the Galaxy s20 inherintly worse in every way?

Notifications are smaller and less readable with app icons that don't clearly communicate where theyre coming from, Apps are experiencing difficulties running/crashing (my gmail has been trying to "sync" for the last 24 hours), and the calendar app is so much worse? It's so unclear what is assigned to each day and the colour theming is totally useless now even though that was one of the best features of the app. The notification tab screen blur when sliding up the screen now just makes everything invisible, as opposed to being a nice transition effect before. Who is designing this and why are they trying to fix things that aren't broken?

I've been using samsung galaxy phones since the S1 and readable UI has always been one of the biggest selling points for me. The android on this phone has gotten gradually less user-friendly as time has gone on and I hope it doesn't continue down that road. 
6 REPLIES 6
HeirOfNumenor
Student
Options
Also forgot to say that when you plug in your phone to charge it, the charging icon takes control away from the user for even longer than it did before? Why is that necessary. A simple haptic vibration is enough communication to tell me my phine is charging? Stop getting in the way of someone using the device?
ambers6babies
Apprentice
Options
Hi I'm experiencing the same problems especially with my apps and the adverts not working so I'm having to come off the apps and I can't get on some and I can't download many apps from the play store, has anyone got any solutions?
steve115
First Poster
Options

Is this the One UI 4.0 update? It's awful! My battery is draining so quickly I expect I'll now have to charge twice a day. But I think the most annoying change is the Samsung Keyboard. There is a lot more button presses and menu selection required to do simple things like add an emoji. Noticing many other small issue. But these two main things will make the phone pretty much unuseable for me. Samsung, please sort it out! Or give us an option to roll back to previous UI.

RiccoT
First Poster
Options
Latest update (last night) has left my S20 in a mess. All my widgets and app shortcuts have gone, my home screen has gone..all I'm left with it my background and the time. Disgusted!
Members_KtlHkfb
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with the battery after updating to android 12. The battery drains very fast. However, I also have a problem with super fast charging - it is not super fast anymore. I have 40% of the battery, connect it to the charger and it shows that it takes 45 minutes to fully charge. After 50 minutes, I check, and there 67% and 25 minutes until fully charged. After another 30 minutes, the battery is 90% charged. My S20 ultra is slower overall, discharges faster and charges much slower.

0 Likes
umieram
First Poster
Options

My S20 is so sluggish it's unreal. Forget trying to get on to Facebook or Instagram... Everything is horrendously slow and my finger print and face recognition fail constantly. I was even trying to find out how to uninstall the update but looks like I'd have to do a factory reset and that would make me cry...

0 Likes