Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update horrible!!

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 09:17 PM)
KerryJones
Apprentice
Options
Last night my phone updated and I absolutley hate it.
I posted on facebook to find that lots of other people also hate it.
The spell checker has gone and we all hate predictive text so this isnt an option.
The keyboard has got smaller so other keys are pushed instead of what is actually pressed, which makes messages and emails hard.
Photo editor is rubbish as cropping a photo now means that you have no option of keeping the original. Text messages have got smaller, battery life is shocking and peoples phones are now freezing.
This update has actually made me want to get rid of my Samsung phone and I have stood by these phones for at least 8 years. I have always praised Samsung but absolutely hate this update!
I have called Samsung helpline who have advised me to post here and admit that they, themselves hate the new update and have had lots of complaints.
Please change the update or make it so that Samsung customers can uninstall new updates that are not liked!!
14 REPLIES 14
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KerryJones Hello, about the comment on the keyboard: I suppose you mean the Samsung keyboard. In the keyboard settings you have an option to modify the size of the keyboard.
2. In the photo editor, when editing a photo, the three points on the right, you have the option to save a copy. This change had already happened before Android 12. I hope it has helped you a bit, greetings.

teclado.jpegcopia.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KerryJones To fix small message size, you could try the following fix:
To begin with, head over to the Settings menu on your device.
Then go to Display and scroll to the Screen Resolution section.
Now change the screen resolution to the maximum value and hit Apply.
After that, switch back to your original value and hit Apply to save it.
I hope this works for you.

0 Likes
KerryJones
Apprentice
Options
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that. I have managed to change the keyboard size again and also seen that the 3 dots have moved in photo editing so have now found them.
Any answers to the spell checker going missing, poor battery life and phones freezing and slow?
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah just chiming in regarding the photo editor. I really like the changes the photo editor has brought personally. Just to add to @Ventor post, if you have already cropped something and would like to get the original back, say you never knew about the 'save a copy' function, you can go to the edited photo and go to revert and it will bring back your photo to the original unedited copy. It will show revert in white unlike my photo as the photo I used as an example is of a saved copy.Screenshot_20220126-211744_Photo Editor.jpg
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KerryJones The spell checker, you can activate from Settings / General Management / Samsung keyboard settings / Auto spell check.

0 Likes
KerryJones
Apprentice
Options
There is no auto spell check in my Samsung keyboard settings Screenshot_20220126-214447_Samsung Keyboard_23289_1643233495.jpg
0 Likes
Gman84
First Poster
Options
There are certain aspects of the update which i love, eg the notification setting can now add a flash of colour or camera flash. I really hate the colour scheme for the calander. I have dark mode as the black background is easier on the eye but why have they also dimmed the colours on the events. All on them are darker and it makes it difficult to wstablish the difference between them now. Bring back the old system!
0 Likes
Aliciakg
First Poster
Options

Hi Kerry, I know you spoke about this 2 weeks ago but your subject line caught my attention. I'm actually in the US and I grudgingly allowed my phone to be updated last Saturday. I always delay because something always goes wrong. So, I feel your pain. As I learned very quickly they made a large amount of changes to the gallery editing. They took away many filters. Changed locations of editing options and added another spot within the editing where there are more options to change the looks of pictures. I do like some though. I did have the same complaint about copy and original. Luckily I found the "Save a copy" and had learned the hard way to save the cropped as original before I test filters because if I revert to original, crop is also reverted. 

I wanted to share with you about the keyboard settings. Personally, I use Google's Gboard, but as you'll see in my attached pics your settings may be in 2 places like mine. My main setting for spell checker is under General Management along with the keyboard settings. Then under the keyboard settings there is "text correction" when multiple options. I don't know all the differences there are between the S20's, but mine is an FE. 

I personally prefer my Gboard as there are more options to customize, I've been a Google user for almost 14 yrs and as somewhat scary as this sounds, it know me and my habits. I love the predictive search setting but last week it made a 100% correct prediction just as I barely started typing first word. I hadn't even said out loud what I was going to search, so Google assistant couldn't have heard me. First time, I've been thoroughly freaked out by them. Lol

Anyway, I'm sure you're aware there are other options besides those two...In case you think about changing.

Good luck with the changes and have a great weekend.

Screenshot_20220212-065307_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-070814_Gboard.jpg

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Explorer
Options

They also changed where Edited photos are saved!  If your original is on an SD card in DCIM, it saves Edited photo in internal memory DCIM in photo editor folder. I see no way to change this!!

Samsung continues to be against their SD card using customers that tend to buy their premium phones.

I am not buying an S22 Ultra as no SD card.

But anyway, for those of us using SD cards, please add a location preference when saving a copy of an Edited photo. Why change this? No one testing the update used an SD card?