Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Klarna Galaxy upgrade only allows upgrade to S21 from S20

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 02:01 PM)
Members_vcGEQxm
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, I bought a S20 Ultra 12 months ago. Samsung upgrade programme said you can upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone. But you can only upgrade from the S20 to S21. I tried Samsung customer services and Klarna and the response in NO.  I think they are being misleading in the description of the offer and it should say upgrade only from a S20 to S21 we don't mean 'Galaxy' smartphones. 

My solution is fairly radical: 1. Pay off Klarna, 2. Go and buy another phone. 

So I asked Klarna for a settlement figure which is a legal right but nothing back from them after 5 days.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The upgrade programme is set up for a person to be able to upgrade to the next flagship generation of the Galaxy Phone as you've seen in your case is the s21.

We have for example seen where a person in the upgrade programme who has the s21 phone wants to now choose the Fold³ or Flip³ but unfortunately this isn't permitted.

I'm sure Klarna will get back to you which will most likely be after the Bank Holiday to provide the information your seeking @Members_vcGEQxm 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
As the other comment.
You can only upgrade the model that you have.
The only way to change from this is, like with me, they are not doing a Note phone this year, so I can upgrade to a different model
0 Likes
Members_vcGEQxm
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Where is this stated in the Terms and Conditions. On the advert for the S21's upgrade program I can't see any mention of being limited to the S21 successor S22?  You can't even get a settlement figure from Klarna to pay it off and start with a Fold 3.

0 Likes