Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna Galaxy upgrade only allows upgrade to S21 from S20

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 03:16 PM)
Members_vcGEQxm
Student
Options

Hi, I bought a S20 Ultra 12 months ago. Samsung upgrade programme said you can upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone. But you can only upgrade from the S20 to S21. I tried Samsung customer services and Klarna and the response in NO.  I think they are being misleading in the description of the offer and it should say upgrade only from a S20 to S21 we don't mean 'Galaxy' smartphones. 

My solution is fairly radical: 1. Pay off Klarna, 2. Go and buy another phone. 

So I asked Klarna for a settlement figure which is a legal right but nothing back from them after 5 days.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The upgrade programme is set up for a person to be able to upgrade to the next flagship generation of the Galaxy Phone as you've seen in your case is the s21.

We have for example seen where a person in the upgrade programme who has the s21 phone wants to now choose the Fold³ or Flip³ but unfortunately this isn't permitted.

I'm sure Klarna will get back to you which will most likely be after the Bank Holiday to provide the information your seeking @Members_vcGEQxm 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As the other comment.
You can only upgrade the model that you have.
The only way to change from this is, like with me, they are not doing a Note phone this year, so I can upgrade to a different model
0 Likes
Members_vcGEQxm
Student
Options

Where is this stated in the Terms and Conditions. On the advert for the S21's upgrade program I can't see any mention of being limited to the S21 successor S22?  You can't even get a settlement figure from Klarna to pay it off and start with a Fold 3.

0 Likes