Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna declining upgrade request

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 01:32 PM)
GotNoJams
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've been trying to upgrade to the new S21 Ultra but I keep getting declined by Klarna. This wasn't an issue when I first applied last year, what's the point of getting into this program if I can't even upgrade? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Calling them gets you nowhere. I've spoke to both Samsung and klarna and was left non the wiser. Samsung said try a different browser, didn't work. Rang klarna, was told to wait 48 working hours and try again.

Issue's with Samsung side, saying I'm not eligible for upgrade when I am. Also reads like I need to join upgrade program, which I've been part of now for 4 years.
Klarna, couldn't link me to my account and kept asking stupid security questions. I now have various additions to my credit file because of it.
Imtiazlcfc4life
Journeyman
Options
I ended up upgrading to the S21 with Sky Mobile since the Samsung Upgrade Programme has become unusable. Kind of gutted as would have saved more money with the upgrade programme but it is what it is when Samsung don't do anything about it and employ some useless Far Eastern costumer service reps that haven't got a clue what's going on and just send you round circles...
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Can you trade in your old phone with sky mate?
Imtiazlcfc4life
Journeyman
Options
No so I'm just gonna sell it separately and pay off the remainder off my Note 10+ loan to Klarna to settle the credit
tolfreeee
Journeyman
Options
same issue... been with the upgrade for two years and went to upgrade last night I have been refused... tried once more this morning but again refused. .. can't try again as that's a hard credit search. samsung must do something about it.
martinlangran
Student
Options

Echo the above comments, already an existing customer and Klarna rejecting my payment. Even though since last time I used it I have had a significant pay rise!! So certainly not an issue with credit or finances. @samsung please listen to us - we are potential customers and we are not able to buy your products! This should be a huge concern for you - get rid of Klarna and move to a more reputable lender please

animattion
Apprentice
Options

I for one will not be buying another Samsung phone until they acknowledge this! I am not having bad marks against my perfect credit score because they can't get their act together

tolfreeee
Journeyman
Options
did anyone get a screenshot of the message that appeared when it got rejected? just to see if it was the same one I had.
0 Likes
martinlangran
Student
Options

Klarna said it doesn't recognise me at my address, so I put my previous address (even though my existing upgrade program is at my current address with Klarna???)

It then says - we need to check it's you for about 2 seconds - then goes off and the next message says it was unsuccesful use another payment method

GotNoJams
Apprentice
Options
Sucks that this is happening to so many people, is there any way we can get the mods to see this post? It seems like this has been happening since the Note 20 came out.