Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard issues after S20 OS August 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 07:52 PM)
JPSV
Journeyman
Options

Hi, my first post here.

So I installed the latest OS update today morning on my S20 FE 5G and after that I have experienced strange touch screen or keyboard issues. When ever I try to write something with my keyboard it just lags or I have severe misspellings. The keyboard frequently doesn't recognize when I press the letter or it writes the same letter two or three times. It's very frustrating!

I have read on another forum users suffering the same issues. Anybody here have same problems?

I have rebooted the phone and changed the keyboard without success. I tested a Touchscreen testing app and it shows the actual touchscreen works very well with no issues. I didn't have any problems before installing the latest update. Any ideas what to do next?

Kernel version: 4.19.113-22378117

Security patch level: Sep 1 2021.

108 REPLIES 108
Rocko_0
Journeyman
Options

Bro they cheaped out on the fe hardware it seems! my first phone of this same model had terrible touch issue they replaced it this is the 2nd model iv been replaced with after using it for a few days day 6 now I got the same touch issue back less but back Samsung  cheaped on hardware trying to seel a midrange flagship killer 

0 Likes
t0md0
Explorer
Options

Can I ask you a question. Are you using a screen protector by any chance? 

Rocko_0
Journeyman
Options

Nope just brought the phone like 6 days ago got the plastic wrap of a protector Samsung gave since day 1 lmao 

0 Likes
MxxC
Explorer
Options

Bro, I understand you have touch screen problems, but that doesn't prevent you from turning on spellchecker or typing in proper sentences. ?‍🤦‍

For me over the last few updates this problem have been getting less and less noticeable. Especially I'd say last 2 updates really improved the situation. 🤷‍

0 Likes
Rocko_0
Journeyman
Options

Lol  🤣 ima fast typer dude who cares bout spellings as long as you got the massage behind it don't be a grammar natzi bruh xD

And neither it's an office email where I have to write with an attitude dude lighten your grumpy butt up live life a bit...

Edit, for ur info I just brought this device not even the return period is gone yet and I'm facing this s*** so trust me grammars the least thing that's on my mind rn peace out🙃

0 Likes
MxxC
Explorer
Options

Unless you got a really good discount on this phone, you are probably better off buying Galaxy A53.

t0md0
Explorer
Options

Umm.. try taking that that plastic wrap off and see if it helps for you ***** on the phone. Lol. That thing is meant to be peeled off.

0 Likes
Rocko_0
Journeyman
Options

well  that that is just an added sheet of plastic it should and would not affect the screen in any way you could either peel it off or leave it on in place of a 1 dollar screen protector works wonders if you ask me lmao 

0 Likes
Rocko_0
Journeyman
Options

bro the A 53 has a 7 series processor s20 fe wins a huge ton with an 8 series that's y I went for this one but the fact is it has a gaming flagship processor but not the battery to keep the game lol quite funny

0 Likes