Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard issues after S20 OS August 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 04:41 PM)
JPSV
Journeyman
Options

Hi, my first post here.

So I installed the latest OS update today morning on my S20 FE 5G and after that I have experienced strange touch screen or keyboard issues. When ever I try to write something with my keyboard it just lags or I have severe misspellings. The keyboard frequently doesn't recognize when I press the letter or it writes the same letter two or three times. It's very frustrating!

I have read on another forum users suffering the same issues. Anybody here have same problems?

I have rebooted the phone and changed the keyboard without success. I tested a Touchscreen testing app and it shows the actual touchscreen works very well with no issues. I didn't have any problems before installing the latest update. Any ideas what to do next?

Kernel version: 4.19.113-22378117

Security patch level: Sep 1 2021.

108 REPLIES 108
AgaKou
First Poster
Options

I've got exactly the same issue. Couldn't find anything else online except this post 😕

Meechi
Student
Options

@JPSV wrote:

Hi, my first post here.

So I installed the latest OS update today morning on my S20 FE 5G and after that I have experienced strange touch screen or keyboard issues. When ever I try to write something with my keyboard it just lags or I have severe misspellings. The keyboard frequently doesn't recognize when I press the letter or it writes the same letter two or three times. It's very frustrating!

I have read on another forum users suffering the same issues. Anybody here have same problems?

I have rebooted the phone and changed the keyboard without success. I tested a Touchscreen testing app and it shows the actual touchscreen works very well with no issues. I didn't have any problems before installing the latest update. Any ideas what to do next?

Kernel version: 4.19.113-22378117

Security patch level: Sep 1 2021.

You just described what have been driving me crazy since the last update.

I like to type fast and having  to go back  to fix all the typos and misses is slowing me down a lot trying to fix all that mess.

I hope they fix it soon.

Meechi
Student
Options

You just described what have been driving me crazy since the last update and couldn't find a solution.

I did a cache wipe, repaired apps and changed keyboards but nothing helped.

I like to type fast and having to go back to fix all the typos and misses is dragging me down a lot.

I hope it gets more votes so they fix it a soon as possible.

Guns n Bikes
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue.  Getting really annoying. 

HenkVVV
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my S20FE after the update. Need a fix soon! 

AndrewL
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try heading to Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity > On, to see if this helps? Also, go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and Dexterity > Tap Duration > Off > Ignore Repeated Touches > On. 

HenkVVV
Apprentice
Options

Thanks a lot for these suggestions, I tried it and first impressed looks very promising! Cheers 

0 Likes
JPSV
Journeyman
Options

Thanks AndrewL for your effort. 'Ignore repeated touches' setting helped a bit.

Touch Sensitivity was already on. Still having issues with keyboard which doesn't recognize all touches.

October update which I installed today didn't change anything.

NISHAD1
Student
Options

Exact same issue.  Getting really annoying. dissappointed with this phone