(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 06:35 PM)
RobDeBob81
Student
Options
7 REPLIES 7
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Wow, such definition! Especially love the last image 😎!
Kris G
Voyager
Options

first 9 images are kinda blur-ish, should have used full resolution....unless you used zoom or cropped the pics? bcoz the resolution they are at, is different from what the phone does, yours is 4000x1800? but the phone does 4000x2250 or so; i would also suggest to take several pics, bcoz the AI will play crazy sometimes and you may get various results, for example, these pics were takes just few seconds a part, maybe even less than 1 second: S20Ultra 4000x2252S20Ultra 4000x2252

S20Ultra  4000x2252S20Ultra 4000x2252

and also use different phones, as Samsung not really is interested in taking good pics in twilight; Samsung vs XiaomiS20Ultra  4000x2252S20Ultra 4000x2252

Xiaomi MiNote10 6016x3384Xiaomi MiNote10 6016x3384

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us RobDeBob81. They all look so colorful and detailed and 'popping' to me. I have uploaded pictures myself to the forum and they do lose resolution in the loading process but even so I really rate your composition skills and your subject matter is right up my alley. I love the HDR and vitality of pictures taken with Samsung flagship phones and my S21 Ultra takes exactly the same punchy shots as your S20 Ultra and I just love taking pictures or videos with the thing. Life is too short not to get full enjoyment out of your phones camera if you have a good one. I have said this before and I will say it again that we truly are blessed to be living in an era when mobile phones have such outstanding cameras. Great pics once again RobDeBob81. Hope you enjoy taking many more. 👍👍
Kris G
Voyager
Options

it's not the resolution, the pictures are being compressed, my pics still got same resolution, but the file size dropped from 1,8MB to 700KB, at the same time i can't claim the quality dropped significantly, at least there is not enough artifacts for me to notice.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Thank you for your input Kris G. I have to agree with you totally when you say that Samsung is not interested in taking good pictures in twilight. I own an S21 Ultra which in my opinion is one of the best camera phones ever made but I should not have to use a third party editing app to make my sunrise and sunset pictures pop. I have downloaded the sunset filter from the Galaxy store but this is quite poor and has only a minimal effect. If you are listening Samsung could you please at least consider dropping food mode off the camera and replacing it with an effective sunrise/sunset mode which I am sure would go down very well with many many people and give your camera systems something they truly lack at the moment.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

hmm, i guess we have a different take of the pictures, i never use any filters, the pictures in my opinion should be as close to what i can see with my own eyes, and since recent Huawei phones can't do that, i went Xiaomi and now Sasmung; not so long ago i made a comparison for a different website where someone claimed Huawei P40Pro takes better pictures than S20Ultra...the results were interesting;
croppedcropped

Sample image, S20Ultra photo mode  8MPSample image, S20Ultra photo mode 8MP

The sign on the comparison is slightly to the left in the very center of the big picture.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
juneyj
Pioneer
Options
Nice picture 📸
0 Likes