Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Smart View, Play Content NOT Mirror Screen

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 08:26 PM)
Noreik
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I'm a bit new here, but not new to using samsung devices. 

I've always loved the ease of use of having a video/picture file i wish to stream using the my local network using the play content feature instead of mirroring screen. The quality is often better and I can utilise the smart TV or console remote for playback. 

I'm having the problem now that when i'm trying to stream to my TV it's no longer giving the option to "play content" only mirror screen, which is reallllly annoying. I've had this issue before that managed to fix itself somehow, but since my phone updated on monday the option is gone, and despite my best efforts i can't seem to find the option again. 

Any one able to help. I don't think i should have to download 3rd party apps to do this if the phone should really be capable on it's own. Again i want the Play Content feature, not screen mirror.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kieron

10 REPLIES 10
Options
AsLamualekum
0 Likes
Options
Hi
0 Likes
Jaydbabes
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Smart Things will allow this
0 Likes
Noreik
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

thanks for the response, but please can you elaborate.. that was the first place I looked after getting the issue. 

thanks 

Kieron

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Of course. Smart things should allow you control over devices connected to the same network. Does Smart Things see your TV?
0 Likes
Noreik
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210415-202152_SmartThings.jpg

 Hi, 

see photo...it use to show up there. but now even though the TV's on and visible on the network it doesn't find it. when I go to mirror screen option on the LG TV it doesn't show up there either, but will when I go to play a video and select the smart view, but still only getting the option to mirror screen. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I don't use this function often. I'm experiencing the same as you. I used to be able to stream to Samsung and non Samsung TVs. Smart View app which is no longer supported may allow streaming to your Samsung TV. You can download it from apkmirror which is a safe site to use.

That's the best suggestion I have, sorry.

0 Likes
Noreik
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

thanks I've tried but no luck. ☹. this is deeply annoying...to the point where I want to get rid of every Samsung device I own. Anyone  else figured a fix? or a reason for the removal of this feature. 

Screenshot_20210416-211356_APKMirror Installer (beta).jpg

0 Likes