Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with latest update

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 12:08 AM)
Troy18
Apprentice
Options
Since updating my Samsung S20 Ultra it appears that I now have my son's contacts in my phone! He switched from Samsung to the darkside (apple iphone12) on Xmas day and set up the phone manually, but could this have something to do with why I can see his contacts? I have access to his email on my phone, but not sure how this would effect my contacts list.
If anyone could help that would be appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
Troy18
Apprentice
Options
So can I juat delete the numbers and all will be ok?
0 Likes
gaz22
First Poster
Options
If you used the Samsung switch method then it's possible that you or he or both have the same email address or backup system. Eg. My drive is connected to my family drive therefore we all have the same contacts. 1 updates we all update. You would all need different samsung accounts and goodlgle accounts to ensure they remained separate without crossover. Simply deleting the contacts won't work as the next time the accounts synchronise they will overwrite previous contacts.

Solution. Factory reset the newest phone and set it up with unique Ids. New emails new Samsung logins. By using smartwatch make sure you dont have the other Samsung active. Only the old villainous rotten apple
0 Likes
Troy18
Apprentice
Options
Thanks all
0 Likes