Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue after update: non-stop pop up - faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 01:33 AM)
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I did the latest update to my phone this morning, now I have a non-stop message coming up.  The message is: faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data. 

I know this is related to the enhanced chat and I've tried turning it off about 100 times. It will not go away! Even while typing this post it popped up! 

Samsung,  please fix this. It is maddening!!!

94 REPLIES 94
hybno
Student
Options

Nothing worked for me until I went nuclear on Google. After clearing cashes, adjusting google ad setting, disabling and uninstalling every single Google app on my phone and adjusting some settings on my messenger app it has finally stopped. Unfortunately I now have to get used to Waze for navigation and I need to find a new way to download my apps without Google play store.

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Same here. I disabled as much Google related features as possible. It largely resolved the issue. I still get this odd blip like it wants to pop up but doesn't. 

On the downside now I can't use half of my car features. Voice to text isn't working and I had to switch to waze. 

I like the phone but it feels half broken now. I think I'm gonna switch over to Apple and try out the iPhone 13. I need a phone that just works and especially works in my car. 

hybno
Student
Options

I havent noticed signs of the "blip" *knock on wood*. As a rideshare driver I understand the frustration and wanting to switch but Apple feels like a prison to me. While Samsung feels like it's headed in the same direction lately I'm sticking to Android. Maybe I'll try using a Microsoft based OS on this phone and see how it works out.

salloom
First Poster
Options

Go to this google website, add your number then you will not see this annoying message again. 

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the tip! I stopped getting the pop up after disabling nearly every Google related process. Now I get a strange blip now and then. I did try your suggestion and sadly it didn't work. It said I would need to contact my carrier. 

0 Likes