Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue after update: non-stop pop up - faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 02:58 PM)
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I did the latest update to my phone this morning, now I have a non-stop message coming up.  The message is: faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data. 

I know this is related to the enhanced chat and I've tried turning it off about 100 times. It will not go away! Even while typing this post it popped up! 

Samsung,  please fix this. It is maddening!!!

94 REPLIES 94
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20210903-111136_Google Play services.jpg

 same issue. Started today right after a phone update. 

geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I've disabled every ad option I can find. Also deleted my history and cache. Still appearing. Any other thoughts?

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Deleted the Google messager as I would have had the default messager which none of contacts have. So no point in having it.
0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I don't have the Google messenger.  I only use the default Samsung messenger. 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is related to the Samsung messages app. Chat settings is quite useful. You can send texts normally but this allows you to send large files to other Chat users and you can see if they've received or read messages.
I use it regularly. Best suggestion I can make in view if the nag screen is to install it and disable in messenger settings.
Coppa_1
Apprentice
Options

I am just one more who started receiving this now infuriating popup which is constant and interrupts everything I am doing.  It overrides all else.  How bloody crass this is of Samsung to permit this forced advertising that actually dominates with this popup occurring literally every 1 minute at most!   If Samsung does not fix this and very soon, I will NEVER, EVER purchase their phones again.  I mean it.  This is disgusting.  I have tried everything, including contacting Samsung support whose people were unable to resolve but admitted they are receiving "many" such calls and complaints.   If anyone can help here, I would be ever-so-grateful as would many, many others, I am sure.   Thank You.  

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Coppa_1 @geekywilly Those who experience this advertising, try to disable: Privacy / Receeve marketing information and Android personalization service.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
BATS32
Student
Options

I'm having the same bloody issue on my note 10 plus. I've been a Samsung user and advocate for many years, but if this is not remedied soon that will change. This is infuriating. Clock is ticking Samsung, you're about to lose a long time customer. 

BATS32
Student
Options

Screenshot_20210904-075915_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion.  That doesn't seem to stop it. Again, it all started after I updated my phone with the latest patch. Pretty sure it's a samsung issue. My other andriod phone isn't doing this. It is a LG phone.