Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

is the S21 worth it ? thoughts?

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 05:34 AM)
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Girlfriend has 1 and it feels and works pretty much the same as my S20 should I wait for the S22 ?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, if your satisfied with the S20 then yes.
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm a phone guy which means it's my thing to buy a phone when a new one comes out but I also only buy a phone if it also ticks my wants and needs boxes i.e it has something under the hood that brings what I need to the table @Gavinh 

The Samsung Galaxy s21 range of phone's are a really good line up with the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra 5G 256gb Snapdragon soc being the model I would personally buy.

I'm waiting to see if Samsung launch a Samsung Note 21  :smiling-face:

For some the lack of a Sd card support in the s21 would be a deal breaker too.

So if your happy with your Samsung Galaxy s20 and it's fulfilling your needs then it sounds like your gonna stick with it  :winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
if it's not broken then don't fix it. or if you are happy with the s20 is there a need to change it??
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I have the s21 ultra and hate it. there's so many things wrong with it and things that don't work as they should I really regret buying it. I upgraded from the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, if you are not on a upgrade program and going to buy it would stick with your plan of waiting out for the possibility of a Note 21. I am on the upgrade program and have the option of a new phone every year and I like doing it that way. Saying that the new chip is much better than the older have on the S20 series but not worth me buying a new phone. Hopefully Samsung would have improved it for the Note 21?
0 Likes
Fiddlin
First Poster
Options

While the S21 does have some nice features, I regret upgrading from my S10.  The primary reason is that they eliminated the SD Card. I had to pay extra for a 256GB version to cover all of my exising pics which were on my old SD card.  The outrageous thing is that now Samsung is going to delete everything they have stored online unless I move it to their paid cloud.  If I knew this before I upgraded, I would have not done so. I feel they are taking advantage of their customers.  Also I have had many more issues with using 5G in NYC than I ever had with 4G, including when it switches from WiFi to cellular. Several support tickets have failed to eliminate the problem.  I live within egg frying distance of a cell tower, so I always have 5 bars.  The interface is not intuitive either. So many features are now buried under layers of clicks, such as Do Not Disturb.  I am truly disappointed in Samsung and their short sighted treatment of customers.

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
In the end I just stuck with my S20 gonna wait for the S22
0 Likes