Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the s20+ still supported by system updates?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 08:22 AM)
lostone
Student
Options
Don't know if it safe to use if there is no updates, last updated was October 1st.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
lostone
Student
Options
Will the A71 still get updated too, this my dad's phone.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @lostone https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-update-1087091/ seems to point to the latest info on S20 updates
robd1
Voyager
Options
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Depends on the version of the phone, if its a carrier version then it may never get an update. If it was an unlocked phone it should get updates for a few years yet.

Safe to use? Well if you're not downloading random apps from unsafe places, or if you're not a government super-spy, then it'll be fine. Most cheap android phones never get updates, and some are years out of date when new.
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi there, I have the Samsung s20 ultra and am still getting all the updates, yet this phone comes straight from Samsung, and I bought the phone in May 2020. I hope this helps, thanks
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Absolutely, @lostone. The S20 series gets three years of Android OS upgrades, and four years of security updates - so, Android 13 is the last OS upgrade for your phone, but you will get another year of security updates.

This is also true for the A71. 👍