Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is my Galaxy S20 Ultra Genuine?

(Topic created on: 10/04/21 12:55)
Members_uvnTWKX
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have bought 2 Galaxy S20 Ultra (black) from 2 different sellers on Amazon and both have slightly different kind of printing brand/IMEI at the back of the phone. Is that normal or is one of them fake? How to know whether my Galaxy S20 Ultra is genuine?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Download Device Info from Google Play. Compare the results on both phones. First thing to check is the processor as clones use MTK chips
0 Likes
Aklima
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi,
If u go to settings and click on about phone it will have IMEI number on it and u can see if they are the same. Some sellers buy box to sell it off with the phone they didn't have a box with. U can also contact both the sellers and find out.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If you contact Samsung Customer Support for your region and provide them the details of the phone's they'll check them out for you.

You can sometimes see that a phone is a clone due to the software on it , how the settings pages are laid out, and the quality of the photo's 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Kris G
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

there are various versions of the phone, for example global version and the other one sold in china only , but essentially these are the models SM-G988, SM-G988U, SM-G988U1, SM-G9880, SM-G988B/DS, SM-G988N, SM-G988B, SM-G988W

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes