Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Galaxy S20 Ultra Genuine?

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 05:18 AM)
Members_uvnTWKX
First Poster
Options

I have bought 2 Galaxy S20 Ultra (black) from 2 different sellers on Amazon and both have slightly different kind of printing brand/IMEI at the back of the phone. Is that normal or is one of them fake? How to know whether my Galaxy S20 Ultra is genuine?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Download Device Info from Google Play. Compare the results on both phones. First thing to check is the processor as clones use MTK chips
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
If u go to settings and click on about phone it will have IMEI number on it and u can see if they are the same. Some sellers buy box to sell it off with the phone they didn't have a box with. U can also contact both the sellers and find out.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you contact Samsung Customer Support for your region and provide them the details of the phone's they'll check them out for you.

You can sometimes see that a phone is a clone due to the software on it , how the settings pages are laid out, and the quality of the photo's 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

there are various versions of the phone, for example global version and the other one sold in china only , but essentially these are the models SM-G988, SM-G988U, SM-G988U1, SM-G9880, SM-G988B/DS, SM-G988N, SM-G988B, SM-G988W

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes