Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is it worth upgrading?

(Topic created on: 13/02/21 18:33)
reecerobdj
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I currently have a s20 ultra and I was wondering if it is worth upgrading to the new edition?

Pros and cons would be appreciated 
9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, you should compare all the good points & bad points between both phones & then make your decision.
TobyO
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Don't upgrade! Stick to your s20. the s21 Ultra heats up dangerously and there is a serious risk that it could burst into flames just as the Note 7
IamJai
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Stick with the S20 that is a good phone my mums one actually overheated and shut down the phone I had to put a fan on the phone dont upgrade TobyO said it would burst into flames like the Note 7 well there isnt any cases yet and/or if it has and nobody's reported it it would be a danger/risk for you stick with the S20 on the 20th February I'm taking my S21 back and getting the S20 Ultra for my mum instead so stick with the S20 and nobody got hurt when my mums phone was overheating but dont take the risk
0 Likes
tinglish
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this overheating issue is down to faulty batches I'm guessing, personally mine is perfect.
really is a premium device from performance,battery,design,screen etc.
as for upgrading from S20 series I couldn't really comment,I will say I have the note 10 and the s21 ultra is definitely better 😍.
I do feel bad for the people who have received a faulty device which will leave a bad taste in their mouth.
Terry19691969
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
No. all my s21 ultra did is overheat sent back for refund ..
0 Likes
AliIbrahim
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
camera is awful on the s21 ultra, appears a widespread issue and it seems its due to the Exynos chip is the issue
0 Likes
Mattch
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
no sd card slot no real difference in anything that the human eye can see, no way should you uograde to the s 21 ultra , its a worse phone , end of. Unless you like just throwing money away.
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
you do realise they get really hot when it's a new phone from downloading etc and adjusting
0 Likes
Terry19691969
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've had many phones and never ever got as hot as the s21 ultra and
could not hold it as was so hot . it turned off messages all the time saying too hot 🔥 I've had s8 s9 plus and S105G ( still using ). and other makes of phones . they never got hot but the S21 ultra was unbelievable hot it was mad had to take outside in cold to cool down ... in my opinion it was dangerous hot 🔥
0 Likes