Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Importing music and photos from s8 to s20+

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 07:18 PM)
Danny68
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have recently changed phones and carried the smart switch etc. All my music and photos are on a 128gb memory card. After putting the memory card into the phone all my music along with photos appeared in the gallery.  The Samsung music player showed some of my music but not all. Decided to use a spare 138 card and used on my laptop and downloaded the music only onto the card. Put it back in my phone and I still have the problem in that it shows all my music in the gallery really well but poorly in the samsung music player. Any ideas folks? I'm not great with technology so be kind with any advice. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Danny68: It's strange that your music is showing in the Gallery app - can you double check to see if it has somehow imported the album art to the Gallery, rather than the music files themselves? Regarding the missing music, if you swipe up from your Home screen to access the Apps menu, select the Samsung folder and tap on My Files > SD Card, are all the files visible here? If so, can you check the format of some of the missing files, to see if there's a pattern? For reference, here are the supported audio formats.

MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, APE
0 Likes