Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF THINKING OF TRADING IN WITH SAMSUNG. THINK AGAIN

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 12:07 AM)
Members_ucyftTU
First Poster
Options

IF THINKING OF TRADING IN WITH SAMSUNG. THINK AGAIN....Purchased s22 traded in s20. Phone was under 2 years old and received email from recycle dept stating burnscreen. Phone was in really good condition and then to be told have to pay 75 excess to get fixed. Samsung advert to trade in didnt mention screen burn. if i knew burn screen was a thing i could have got fixed for a lot cheaper then 75. Which was confirme, by the 3rd party samsung use to trade in

3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
They seemingly always say that regardless of the phone age or condition. Loads of trade-in folk complain of the same and it shouldn't be legal. Samsung fit an OLED screen which is by definition going to get screen burn from the buttons on screen and status bar symbols for WiFi, mobile data and battery, phone network name at the top. While you can avoid the lower buttons by removing them and using swipe gestures not many people know to do this. I think it's morally apprehensible they then take £75 off the trade-in value for what is actually by design.
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
I traded in my phone via my network retailer no problems at all. Go that route next time.

I usually buy my phones from my network. o2 or giffgaff.
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
Yeh I'm wondering if I can try cancel my trade in as they offered £460 back and heard horror stories since... Sadly though I can't really afford NOT to get that £460 and even thoguh my friend needs new phone she can't afford over £200 (I was gonna try cancel it and sell to her or even get £350 from them stupid sell your phone companies)... Then again I'll also film myself testing the phone and showing its wiped clean and charging on my new phone.. Just that I've heard phones getting wrongly blocked due to trade in company being scammers
0 Likes