Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot delete the netflix app from my phone.

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 01:57 PM)
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
As the title says I cannot delete Netflix. I meverxwatch videos or film on my phone and don't have an account.
It just takes up room on my phone.. Why?
13 REPLIES 13
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Unfortunately you can't uninstall Netflix you can only disable it.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Why is this. Has Samsung got a deal with them. It appeared on my side bar. I went on l
Play store and followed the delete option
It then appears on my sidebar so I slid it as farxas possible across my home screen to the Las possible position to reduce the risk of opening it by accident. Restarted my phone. It no longer appears on the sidebar because the sidebar no longer appears. Restarted the phone but no change.
Any ideas.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I think if you disable it the icon for Netflix will no longer appear. Hold your finger down on the Netflix icon it should come up with disable. Hope this helps
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Are you referring to your edge panel. Check all sides you may have moved it to the other side, or your side bar as moved further up or down.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Fiona. It's on the left. Never used a samsung until I mistakenly bought this one. Ot should really have a 200 page booklet to explain a the differences between its operating system and stock Android.
On my last phone o could delete all my apps except for Google and play store.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
You are correct. You have to becquick as the disable option does not appear for morcthna 2 seconds. Thanks for that.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I know, I don't use Facebook and that use to be one you could only disable. Once you disable Netflix at least you won't need to look at it amongst your apps.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I try to disable all none standard apps that are pre installed. They usually are flaky.
I like to select whats on my phone. Currently it's got 528 and I'm trying to delete about 490 of them. No wonder the battery lasts under 5 hours.
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I completely uninstalled the Netflix app by using an adb command. Here is a video on how to do it https://youtu.be/HtPCCZPqanI. Hope this helps!
0 Likes