Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep apps turn on without out closing

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 06:14 PM)
kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
I need  someone  to guide  me to how to keep  the screen  on and  the apps if anyone  could  screen  shot  something  that could  help  me out I have no idea  what I am doing  I am still  getting  use to my s20 fe and it very  difficult  to know what  to do my dad got me this phone on my birthday  so please  help  me out because  I am losing  my control  thank you Samsung  members
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@kimoTaher: For clarity, are you wanting to prevent your phone from going idle while using it, and while accessing applications? If so, please head to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Keep Screen On While Viewing > On. Also, head to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout, and increase the time it takes for  the screen to automatically go into idle mode. 

0 Likes
kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
How do I do it
0 Likes
kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
I don't understand
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kimoTaher: Apologies. Please swipe up from your Home Screen to access your App Drawer > Tap the cog symbol to access Settings, then head to Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Keep Screen On While Viewing > On. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
I don't know it not making sense
0 Likes
kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
Thank you everyone for the help it worked because I put it for 10 minutes instead of 30 Seconds but I also did a hard factory reset it worked but am keeping an eye on the screen the whole time to make sure It doesn't do it again if it dose what do I do
0 Likes
Terryden
First Poster
Options

AndrewL - would this work for using Apps like Mapmyride. Just got my S20 FE and went for fir

st bike ride but the screen went black after a few minutes. The app was still working as you could hear the commentary but I could not see the speed, distance etc.  I had an A8 previously and managed to get that to stay viewable but for the life of me I cant remember how.

0 Likes