Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the Samsung pass app

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 09:51 AM)
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Does anyone know how to get rid of the Samsung pass app from my app draw, please? 
And no it's not by long pressing on the app and uninstalling it, because if I long press the app I only get 2 options select and add to the home screen.
Why can't it just be so straight forward and simple to uninstall Samsung pass, it's like you need a degree in technology to do the basics on a Samsung phone 😠😡

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately, it's a Samsung phone and they are going to push there services. Personally I like and use them.

If you don't use or want certain Samsung apps then hide the apps or root your phone at your risk for a bloatware free experience or purchase a phone that doesn't contain these apps.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I agree but it is what it is.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SMOKEYyaknow: Some apps that come preinstalled on our devices are embedded features of the software, and cannot be uninstalled. Samsung Pass falls under that category, but hopefully now you've hidden it, you shouldn't find it to be too intrusive. 

0 Likes
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Just got no need for it, and don't want it, had my phone 2 years now and I've never seen this Samsung pass app on my phone then all of a sudden yesterday it's in my app draw i never installed it and it defo wasn't pre installed, but even tho I can't see it anymore because I've hidden it just knowing it's on my phone without my permission is just wrong, i paid hard earned money for my phone so it should be up to me what's on it NOT SAMSUNG or am I missing something ?
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
But it shouldn't, it's my phone I should be the one who chooses what's on it not Samsung
0 Likes
Members_ddeOOoZ
First Poster
Options

I'm the same. Too much trash downloaded without my permission and not needed. Guess Samsung have lost a customer!

0 Likes
fjd5001
First Poster
Options

Okay, so I can't remove it, I can't put it to sleep. How do I fix the following issues it creates ? First issue, when using the google keyboard it hijacks the word suggestion strip at the top of the keyboard. Next word suggestions can contain email addresses that are usually usernames. You are forced to type out the email address even though you aren't using Samsung Pass for that site.

Samsung pass pops up a window, sometimes in front of the field you need to edit it. It's even better when it's right in front of what you need to read. No way to move it, minimize it to get it out of the way.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes