Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the Samsung pass app

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 10:38 AM)
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Does anyone know how to get rid of the Samsung pass app from my app draw, please? 
And no it's not by long pressing on the app and uninstalling it, because if I long press the app I only get 2 options select and add to the home screen.
Why can't it just be so straight forward and simple to uninstall Samsung pass, it's like you need a degree in technology to do the basics on a Samsung phone 😠😡

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Neo001
Legend
Options

Without rooting your phone, it may not be possible to remove Samsung Pass. You can however, manually put it in deep sleep and hide it on your apps screen. 

Settings > Home screen > Hide apps on Home and Apps screens.

SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Will try,
Thanks,Neo
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Yeah had to hide it,
As when I went to put it to deep sleep the app didn't even show up so I couldn't put it to deep sleep, (very strange )
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

You are right. Password manager apps and some system apps are not shown in the list.

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Most Samsung apps you can't uninstall them as they are pre installed by Samsung, you can only to disable the app. At least with Google apps you can. It's what is called bloatware
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If you setup the samsung wallet app it will ask you to incorporate samsung pass then it removes it, I'm not aware of another way other than rooting the phone.
0 Likes
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
It wasn't pre installed on my phone never seen the app on my phone before yesterday i went onto my Samsung account to change something and when I come out of it went to my app draw for a app i use regularly and bang there it was Samsung pass the app 🤔 never installed it and now can't uninstall it 🤔.
What the 🤬 Samsung,
Surely it's up to us what app we have installed on OUR phones we paid good money for
0 Likes
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
But I don't want Samsung wallet either
0 Likes
SMOKEYyaknow
Explorer
Options
Just had to hide it, the Samsung pass app, crazy how you can't just nice and simply uninstall an app you don't want or need