Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 09:25 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
Dx847
Journeyman
Options

@MarkpughIt's not a matter of time; the unwanted notification returns, when you restart your phone.

chuck666
Explorer
Options

correct and that's what p****s me off.

Lethologica
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on s22. I hope they have a fix soon, it's super frustrating constantly being nagged to login. 

Members_Bs0BmRO
First Poster
Options

s22u user here, have this issue with s10e, a52s en s22u and surprisingly not since august but some time before. frustrating as hell. I only see it after I restart my phone and i hate it. the whole point of safe folder is that it's hidden. this notification doesn't give a clue what's inside in it but maybe worse. 

Downsetx1
First Poster
Options

Here from the same thing on my s21u.  I had put off the latest software update until last weekend.  I've been getting the same notification since.  Haven't found a way to get rid of it permanently.

MadConsumer
First Poster
Options

Samsung support doesn't help either. 

Anyone else want to join my class action I'm going to file because of this?

Anyabeth
Journeyman
Options

Why make a notification for a private folder that you can't appropriately manage? This is a privacy issue, and short of a quick resolution, I will be reporting to Consumer Reports, Congress, and anyone who will listen.  There's a reason people use the secure folder feature.  If the feature is no longer of use a place to store secure information, get rid of it, and we will appropriately manage with with a better product.

Portie1477
First Poster
Options

We need a fix for this ASAP. S22 Ultra too. 😡😡😡

ndayrz
Apprentice
Options

This didn't work. 

Options

Not sure if this solves anything for anyone else, or if it will come back but I followed these steps and I don't see the notification anymore. I have NOT restarted after doing this. This was done on a Galaxy Tab S7+ after installing the August 1, 2022 security path level.

1. Unlocked secure folder
2. Click the 3 dots and go to Settings
3. Click Notifications and data
4. Turn ON the Show Content then turned OFF
5. Click App Notifications
6. Click Advanced Settings
7. Make sure Show Snooze Button and Show App Badges are turned OFF
8. Leave settings
9. Click Lock and Exit