Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 09:25 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
zorba1118
Apprentice
Options

If you can't access the Secure Folder, then your instructions are mute. The only notification I get send me to enter my PIN which will be active after a restart. WRONG!!!! I attempted this many times and it never works. How do I uninstall Secure Folder without being able to access or enter the Secure Folder??

0 Likes
zorba1118
Apprentice
Options

Obviously, you aren't listening to the users. We CANNOT access the Secure Folder!!! Therefore, we cannot 'click' on Setting IN the Secure Folder. I have an A52 and I cannot turn off notifications, enter a password, or enter a PIN after restart. The Secure Folder is a joke and there isn't anyone from Samsung that I see answering this question.

0 Likes
zorba1118
Apprentice
Options

WTF!!!! Read users concerns. We cannot 'Go into Secure Folder', therefore we cannot access the Settings option IN the Secure Folder.

0 Likes
ndayrz
Apprentice
Options

You have a different issue than the rest of us.  We can access the Secure Folder.   We just don't want a notification about our secure folder every time we restart our phones.

It sounds like you forgot your secure folder pin.

Members_eboB8ZO
Explorer
Options

I agree with you 100%. The releases we get contain more and more bugs and annoyances. Changes for changes sake, breaking stuff that was never broken. Dev teams realising if they do half a job then they will be needed to "fix" more things in the future. I cannot wait to ditch Samsung at the next opportunity. The point where they swapped the only two buttons on the Classic Watch around for absolutely no reason was the most infuriating decision ever. One of my Buds+ failed randomly and support said that was my fault and refused to repair. My Ks9000 TV has a fault with optical audio that drops out that was never repaired, (many threads on this). Even ordering items from the online shop (SSDs) money was taken and the devices never showed up. They never honoured the free Smarttags I should have received with the order either and it took 2 months to get a refund (via PayPal ultimately.)

In fact, it's only Samsung SSD devices that I use currently run without any fault, although I hear the 980 Evo Pros have a high failure rate, so it's creeping in there too) 

(owner-

S21 Ultra 

S20- 5g

S10

Ks9000 tv

Classic Watch 

Classic Watch 3

970 Evo Pro 

2TB shield) 

chuck666
Explorer
Options

absolutely. samsung brand is dead for me, blacklisted. already bought a new NON samsung tv. these id1ots still use their proprietary OS on TV instead of android and their apps and functions gets less by the second. next phone will not be a samsung anymore. samsungs behavior is typical for korean companies.

bastelik
Student
Options

same issue here. hoping for a solution that allows to turn this senseless notification off for good.

0 Likes
Jimmy31
Student
Options

Answer is here to reset pin. Once in settings/biometrics and security/secure folder, just enter your pin wrong once and it gives you the option to reset it using your Samsung account. Tried it and it worked fine.

However, what could be a useful app is made useless by the annoying notification letting everyone know you have a secure folder. Suggest uninstal and 3rd party alternative like "audio manager" an innocent looking app that properly hides a lock folders existence. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

0 Likes
LMcG
First Poster
Options
I had a similar issue.. I'd forgotten the secure folder password and could not get rid of the STUPID notification.
I signed out of my Samsung account
Clicked the notification
Clicked option "uninstall secure folder"

Tadaaa! Notification GONE! WOOOP!
Red2379
Journeyman
Options

Any updates or solutions? 

I'm still having the same problem going back to last summer.

If anyone has figured out a solution please post. Thanks

0 Likes